The Rundle Playschool Board is asking all parents to please commit to a volunteer Board/Committee position, help with one of the two larger parties, or be a Class Parent Volunteer during the school year. We understand that all families are busy, but volunteers are needed to ensure a smooth operating year and a fun introduction to school for each child.
Please review the positions below and indicate on Page 3 of the Registration Package your first and second choices. If more than one person is interested in a position, it will be decided by vote at the AGM.
A Volunteer Security Cheque of $125 will be collected at registration and will only be cashed if families do not fulfill volunteer duties throughout the school year.
Our registrar, email@example.com, can answer any questions or provide further details on the positions listed below.
The volunteer board positions are listed below; each position is a one year term.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS – Voting members who set the guidelines to ensure the successful operations of the Playschool. (Positions attend ALL Board Meetings)
- Chair: participates as well as leads all board meetings. Responsibilities include the supervision of all board roles; oversees the establishment and implementation of procedures and policies; speaks publicly on behalf of the board; communicates with the teacher to ensure the Playschool Goal & Action Plan is being followed; is the key liaison with the teacher to maintain child-parent-board-teacher communication.
- Vice-Chair: participates in all board meetings; responsible for organizing the Cleaning Committee and its schedules; responsible for Parent Helper Roles; responsible for managing the substitute teacher list & credentials; assumes the responsibility of the Chair in his/her absence; seeks appropriate licensing requirements.
- Treasurer: participates in all board meetings; maintains the financial records of the playschool; prepares & issues teacher(s) payroll; prepares and presents the annual budget; makes recommendations for future financial needs; seeks grants; establishes annual fundraising goals; issues cheques; handles refunds; prepares tax receipts twice annually; responsible for all bookkeeping matters.
- Registrar: participates in all board meetings; organizes and oversees all registration duties, including the annual registration night; processes registrations; distributes playschool information to new (and existing) parents; organizes and maintains class lists and waiting lists; acts as the contact person for the playschool throughout the year.
- Secretary: participates in all board meetings; records, distributes and maintains copies of all the minutes of all the board meetings; confirms and refills the first-aid kit as needed according to current Occupational Health & Safety guidelines; maintains the MSDS binder as per Occupational Health & Safety guidelines; ensures accident and incident forms are on file.
- Member at large: attends monthly meetings and performs extra duties arising throughout the year.
BOARD OFFICERS – Non-voting members who play integral roles in the successful operations of the playschool. These positions do not need to attend monthly board meetings.
- 3 and 4 year old Class Scheduler: directs the class schedulers; sends monthly calendar templates to all schedulers; ensures schedules are accurate and posted on time; addresses all scheduling concerns; supports teacher with scheduling classroom visitors and special events.
- Lead Fundraiser: organizes and oversees all fundraising events; directs the fundraising committee volunteers.
- Lead Party Planner: plans and organizes all parties and celebrations throughout the year; directs the party planning committee volunteers.
- Grants: researches and applies for grants for the playschool.
BOARD COMMITTEES – Non-voting members who provide fundamental assistance in the successful operations of the Playschool. These positions do not need to attend monthly Board Meetings.
- Fundraising Committee: provides assistance to the Lead Fundraiser during all fundraising events to ensure successful collection of extra funds. Our main Fundraiser is the Mother’s Day Raffle. (1 parent per class as liaison, a minimum of 6 parents in committee)
- Planning Committee: provides assistance to the Lead Party Planner during all parties and special events. Parents can sign up to assist with a specific larger party (Christmas or Year End). (1 parent per class as liaison, a minimum of 6 parents per large party)
- Field Trip Rep: organizes appropriate field trips and acts as a liaison between various businesses, museums, town sites, and the teacher/school.
- Maintenance Rep: remains on call throughout the year for any small repair, painting and handiwork for the playschool.
- Website Rep: makes changes and updates to the playschool website.
- Social Media Rep: keeps playschool website, Facebook and/or Twitter updated with school information.
- “Class Parent Volunteer”: includes being an extra body on hand for playschool outings, driving backpacks from Elementary school for Reading Buddies, available for in school parties(Halloween, Valentines, Easter) etc. You CANNOT be a Parent Volunteer on your designated Parent Helper Day.